Learn how to draw using dramatic light and shadow
- How to draw basic volumes using dramatic light and shadow.
- How light and shadow operate on the fundamental volumes: the sphere, the cube and the cylinder.
- How to recognize and draw fundamental light and shadow patterns including the highlight, the core shadow, reflected light and the cast shadow.
This course is the seventh installment of an 8-part series. If you’re a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
- Basic Skills
- Dynamic Mark Making
- Form & Space
- Measuring & Proportion
- Shading Fundamentals
- Shading: Beyond the Basics
This post contains affiliate links to products and courses. I may receive a commission or referral fee for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support
- Anyone interested in drawing or painting.
- Anyone looking for a career in the arts.
- Anyone wanting a creative outlet.
- Anyone interested in design.